Thursday 4 March 2010

Promises Promises...

So my long promised Pyjama Bag Tutorial is still in bits and pieces scattered across my computer and camera... it's still on my agenda but somehow other things have pushed in front - there's nothing like a queue jumper to get my goat!

In the mean time I have some photos of my 30th birthday picnic from last September and my paper-cut inspired invitations... we had it at the park opposite Little Marionette, my favourite cafe where they take your orders and deliver it to your rug! My favourite at the moment is the Mushroom and Feta on Toast.

Hope this makes up for my neglect just a little bit?

xx

Emma's Invitation
Emma's Invitation

Paper Flowers

Hanging Paper Flowers

Transporting Paper Flowers

Gifts from Yumi

Image 1 & 2: An invitation I designed inspired by Paper Cutting and Circus Typography
Image 3 - 5: Hanging Paper Flowers
Image 6: A lovely present from Yumi.
Photos by my friend Phoebe McEvoy & Myself.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my goodness, this is the cutest idea and invite EVER! What a talented little chickadee you are!
Hope you had a lovely day xx

Kate said...

Just in answer to your comment - yes it is! Tee hee :)

ii-ne-kore said...

i hope you had a happy happy day! what a lovely idea, and that cafe sounds awesome!

Olivia said...

so nice to see some pics from the day.. wish I could have been there in person..but of course am always there with you in spirit xx
p.s. blog is looking too cute these days!

Jennilynn said...

I am loving your blog! I am getting married in February and I want to do everything DIY! I refuse to be broke for the rest of my life just for 1 day so my wedding is on a super small budget, I love these tissue paper flowers and I want to make them in different colours and add a brooch to the middle of it for my bridesmaids, my bouquet will also be self made and covered in loads of brooches myself and my wonderful friends have collected and made for me! Thanks so much for all the awesome ideas!

Feeling Fuzzy? said...

Jennilynn - you are the sweetest! It makes me the happiest when people find inspiration here... your wedding plans sound beautiful.

xx Emma