Monday 29 June 2009

Mystery Sunday...

NP organised Mystery Sunday a couple of weeks ago... I love suprizu's and this one was a lot of fun!

After meeting up with two pals we arrived at Taronga Zoo... There aren't too many places you can run around like kids and act a bit crazy!

I hadn't been to the zoo since I was 14, and I remember I wasn't very interested in the animals. But this time around - Wow! We have some amazing creatures on this planet.

One of the places I really loved was the old Elephant Pavillion... the elephants have a brand new enclosure now, but the old building is quite lovely... kind of British India style with lovely colours and patterning (Thanks D for the photos!).

Going over the top of the zoo in the sky-lift after walking through it was lots of fun... I could almost imagine I was in Jurassic Park, just about to come across a T-Rex! (I have a soft spot for dinosaurs).

It made me a little sad to see many of the animals so far away from their homes, but I also think the zoo does some terrific research to help the natural populations of many species, and does a great job promoting environmental awareness. I'm a little bit undecided about the whole situation - I'd love to hear your opinion if you have one!

x Emma

No comments: