Tuesday 27 July 2010

Cecilia Heffer: Lace Narratives

Hello Friends,

You may have noticed this blog has been a little on the thin side in terms of any substantial writing... sure, a few music suggestions here, some hipstamatic shots there... but I think we can all agree this makes not for a particularly interesting read!

(Please tell me otherwise... perhaps you'd rather me short and sweet?)

Tonight despite an avalanche of University marking that is cascading from my inbox, I feel it is deeply important that anyone in Sydney over the next 3 weeks make a concerted effort to get to this exhibition.

I'm assuming that you who read Feeling Fuzzy? are quite keen on art, textiles, craft and the importance of beautiful things in life, yes?

I think you will appreciate at least 20 minutes gazing at the incredible textiles of Cecilia Heffer hanging in the beautiful Damien Minton Gallery in Redfern.

Exhibition Details:
Wed 28 July to Sat 14 August 2010
61-63 Great Buckingham St Redfern
02 9699 7551
Opening Hours: Wed-Sat 11am-6pm


PS. Number 46 is coming home with me!

Cecilia Heffer's Fabric Drops

Cecilia Heffer's Fabric Drops


Images 1 & 2: Feeling Fuzzy?
Images 3 & 4: Damien Minton Gallery

4 comments:

pat said...

Did you buy again? Clutter clutter clutter!

You're all designer-y and stuff - what are your picks of the soon-to-happen Sydney Design festival? I'm looking forward to the bike-related events. (Note: I had to go get a festival guide all by myself - thanks for nothing! ;)

Feeling Fuzzy? said...

Yes, having a bit of a moment buying little pieces of art for our new fictional abode! Hoping it has lots of walls for hanging things on...

And a very good question you ask Pat... Sydney Design month is looking amazing. I'll endevour to collate my choices because I'm sure everyone is holding their breath to hear my opinion on such things!!

Yumi said...

wooohooo! exciting!
I think u can add "art collector" along with textile designer and teacher as your title!!
xxx

p.s.so....do you think ur fictional walls would like to baby sit the camellias while we are exploring the world?...(no pressure!)

Feeling Fuzzy? said...

Really Yum? That would be such an honour! Can we hire them from you?? I adore the camellias!